Local adaptive signal control technology that uses real-time data to improve traffic flow
• Reduce congestion and improve travel time without adding capacity
• Eliminate the need for a central system to run an adaptive solution
• Adjust traffic signal timing automatically
• Optimize adaptive cycles, offsets, and splits along traffic corridors automatically in real-time
• Transition between plans seamlessly when coupled with Q-Free MAXTIME ic
• Retain local programming and seamlessly serve preemption, priority, and advanced user-defined features
A UNIQUE PLATFORM
Contrary to black-box solutions, Q-Free’s local MAXTIME adaptive solution utilizes widely-accepted algorithms developed jointly by Purdue University, Indiana, and Utah DOT.
• Enable database editing through an onboard web server using a web browser — no proprietary database editor required
• Monitor and modify configurations from any HTML 5 compliant browser such as Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, etc.
• Store and load hundreds of configuration databases on the controller
• Automate software updates via network or USB flash drive while intersection continues to run traffic signal operations
• Retain existing signal programming and continue to serve preemption/priority
• Write optimized timings to Intelight MAXTIME ic